Tuesday, January 18, 2011

About This Blog

Chilean frigate Almirante Lynch/Photo courtesy wikipedia
Hello everyone, I truly hope I haven't let anyone down by not posting for awhile, however I had good intentions when I first started this blog then the holidays hit, and my health went down some, but now I am back and I am going to try and keep up the posts, I start college again on Jan 24th so I want to get in the habit of posting again before all that starts.

My plan with this page is of course since I am retired from the US Navy there will be allot about our sea service, however the other navies of the world fascinate me as well, especially the navies of third world countries.  My fascination with the other navies started right after 9/11 when I was on board the USS Dubuque, LPD-8 when we arrived off station in Pakistan and there where ships from Germany, Italy, Spain, Great Britain, France and a few others there, each time we would pass by one of them their sailors where holding up the United States Flag and signs letting us know they where standing by us to get those who attacked and killed not just Americans, but hundreds from all over the globe.

So that's my plan for this blog, and I plan on sticking to it, but of course life changes but I will try to keep you all up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment